Udo's Choice Enzyme Blend by Flora
Blend of Seven Vegetarian Enzymes
Enhances Proper Digestion & Provides Relief for Lactose Intolerance
UDO'S CHOICE ENZYME BLENDS
* Supplementing with Udo's Choice® Enzyme Blends at every meal helps to promote proper digestions.
* A potent, full-spectrum blend of 7 active enzymes supports optimal digestion of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, starch, milk sugar, and complex sugars throughout the entire digestive tract.
* Formulated to improve digestion of fiber, beans & legumes, and cruciferous vegetables thereby helping to alleviate GI distress such as occasional gas and bloating.
* Contains 6 times the lactase of the previous formula to help relieve the discomforts associated with lactose intolerance.
* Eases digestion and help to relieve gas and bloating, which result from overeating and inadequate chewing.
* Helps maximize absorption of available nutrients.
The Udo’s Choice® line of age-specific enzyme blends help in the digestion of protein.
FOR ALL AGES:
Udo’s Choice Enzyme Blend combines 7 enzymes including lactase, which breaks down lactose and supports the relief of discomforts associated with lactose intolerance, plus protease to aid in the digestion of proteins. In addition, this complete blend contains the enzymes required to break down milk sugar and complex sugars. It also helps to reduce gas and bloating following meals rich in fermentable carbohydrates. Udo’s Choice® Digestive Enzyme Blends are designed to replace enzymes lost in food processing and cooking, thereby supporting good digestion. Udo’s formulas use only full-spectrum high protease enzymes with guaranteed activity, using the Food Chemical Codex (FCC) standard of potency. World-renowned nutrition expert Udo Erasmus has created three distinct vegetarian enzyme formulations to facilitate healthy digestion.
There are three varieties to choose from because not one single enzyme or enzyme formula is appropriate for everyone. This is because our dietary and lifestyle habits, as well as the strength of our digestive systems, change over time and throughout the various stages of life. Udo's Choice® Enzyme Blends offer you a choice so you can incorporate a tailor-made enzyme blend into your lifestyle.
There are two basic types of enzymes involved in the digestive process: those that are produced by our bodies and those that are present in raw foods. In the body, our naturally occurring digestive enzymes help us to break down and assimilate nutrients from food. They are produced by the pancreas, stomach, and salivary glands to act on food in the small intestine, stomach, or mouth.
Food enzymes are found in raw foods, which come equipped with some of the enzymes needed for their own digestion. Enzymes in foods are heat-sensitive; cooking and processing can destroy 100% of these enzymes. The lack of food enzymes in the modern diet results in the pancreas becoming overworked, leading to the uncomfortable effects of indigestion. Production of pancreatic digestive enzymes is decreased by stress, caffeine, alcohol, illness, pregnancy, and simply aging.